Thursday, November 1, 2007

Just catching up

Well our little boy is doing really good, one side of his face is really healing fast and the other is looking good too. He now has a new scratch down the middle of his nose. He may have learned not to do what caused the eye damage but he is still not afraid to accost every other cat in the neighborhood!

You might notice a new link on my blog to Sew Mama Sew. What a great idea to make something, a small gift, everyday for the month of November. Last year I had lots of things done ahead of time but not this year. Got myself in to entirely too many round robins this year. Which i enjoyed every single one and learned soooo much, but over extended myself. So now am going to do this to help me catch up. Tonight I think I will make an apron for my oldest DD who cooks and cleans for us and we jokingly call her Cinderella. So will make her an apron with the name Cinderella on it.

I am still working on doors for my hallway and stairs, refinishing a antique bed, and various other similar projects. Also having a yard sale. Haven't done a lot of sewing but have kept a little tree skirt I am embellishing in the car so i can work on it when am waiting or riding in the car. it is coming along nicely and will take a picture in a few more days when i get the embroidery done if not more.

Well, am back to my projects for now.

2 comments:

Jane said...

HI Janet,
Glad Gandolf is better! Yes,it is so easy to over-extend but it sounds like you have a good plan. BTW, I love the elephant work in the previous post... Beautifully done!

Susan said...

I'm so glad your cat is healing! Thanks for the linnk to Sew Mama Sew.

A Little About Me

Hi and Welcome! I am 50 years old, married with 2 girls Andrea and Crystal, and 3 grandchildren. A girl, Jesi who is 13 that we are raising and a boy, Christian, who is 6 and, lives with Mom. Andrew James or Peanut is 6months old and brother to Jesi. We live in a house built in 1897 that is not in the best of shape but we are working on it and we love it. It is a 2 story colonial style with big columns and a big wrap around front porch. We also have 6 cats, of which only part of are allowed in the house, and 5 dogs. A Momma dog and 4 puppies. She had 9, we gave one away, then they all came down with parvo. I lost 4 but was able to save 4. A heartrending experience but was just glad to be able to save any. No help from the vet as they want so much money but found some homeopathic remedies that actually worked. I also have a 7 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that is my baby. She goes everywhere with me, sleeps under the covers with me, and is just the cutest thing ever.