Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Auction pillow and Egyptian swap blocks

Here is a CQ block I made for a family reunion auction coming up this weekend. Plan to make it into a pillow. Just need to get my behind to the store and buy the pillow form. I really enjoyed working on this block. Even tried some new stitches. The fly stitch and the pekinese stitch. A lot of the elements are things I have already done but these family members haven't seen them so that is fine. I used the center focus fabric and made a beaded medallion out of it. And how bout that blue spider. Cute aint he!
Here are my four blank blocks for the Egyptian swap. Hopefully I will get all four done. Plan to make this into a wall hanging for my DH who loves pyrimids and Egyptian things. I might, underline MIGHT make it into a throw for him as he is not too crazy about wall hangings. I may do so by only adding borders rather than make more blocks unless I just make a few more. Way too many projects to make lots of blocks for it.

I also have some more pictures of swap blocks have worked on but haven't uploaded them from the camera yet. Will try to do so tommorow.

4 comments:

Gerry said...

WOW, what a beautiful block. I'm not a fan of blue but this block just struck me. It is stunning!

Your Egyptian blocks are very, very nice. This some of the most unusual fabric I have seen in this swap. I can't wait to see them embellished.

Maddie Can Fly said...

Love the blue block, especially the peacock, beaded medallion and blue spider. Such nice work Julie.

Susan said...

I love your blue block, and the peacock on the right side. The whole block is just gorgeous!

The Egyptian blocks are also great. Wonderful fabrics you found to use. I'll be interested to see how you finish it for your husband.

Thelma said...

All your work is awesome. Those Egyptian blocks are so beautiful!

A Little About Me

Hi and Welcome! I am 50 years old, married with 2 girls Andrea and Crystal, and 3 grandchildren. A girl, Jesi who is 13 that we are raising and a boy, Christian, who is 6 and, lives with Mom. Andrew James or Peanut is 6months old and brother to Jesi. We live in a house built in 1897 that is not in the best of shape but we are working on it and we love it. It is a 2 story colonial style with big columns and a big wrap around front porch. We also have 6 cats, of which only part of are allowed in the house, and 5 dogs. A Momma dog and 4 puppies. She had 9, we gave one away, then they all came down with parvo. I lost 4 but was able to save 4. A heartrending experience but was just glad to be able to save any. No help from the vet as they want so much money but found some homeopathic remedies that actually worked. I also have a 7 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that is my baby. She goes everywhere with me, sleeps under the covers with me, and is just the cutest thing ever.